If you’ve got 24 hours to spend in Baltimore, Maryland, you’ll be glad to know that “Charm City” offers many exciting, interesting, and delicious attractions. From historic shops along the waterfront to one of the best aquariums in the country, a top NFL football team, and a fabulous dining scene, Baltimore has it all! Read on to discover the best things to do in a day in Baltimore, brought to you by the storage experts at Moove In Self Storage.
A Quick Note about Baltimore’s Weather
The best way to describe the weather in Baltimore is “diverse.” In summer, you’ll typically find warm weather with moderate humidity and temperatures in the mid-80s to mid-90s Fahrenheit. Winter, like much of the northeast, can be pretty cold and snowy, although less snow than, for example, New York, Philadelphia, or Boston. Spring is practically the perfect time of year in Baltimore as the trees are in bloom, the days are warm and dry, and the nights, while chilly, aren’t frigid.
Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
Regarded as the core of Baltimore, the Inner Harbor is expansive, diverse, and picturesque. You’ll enjoy cobblestone streets, culture, and history, including the incredible USS Constellation battleship, the Maryland Science Center, the Reginald F Lewis Museum, and the Harborplace shopping complex. There’s also a slew of excellent restaurants to enjoy, which you’ll see below!
Baltimore’s Best Restaurants
As mentioned above, several first-class restaurants are in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. We’ve got 8 of them for you below, all at the top of their game, serving delicious food and drinks with superb ambiance and gorgeous harbor views.
- Phillips Seafood- This eatery is an institution in the inner harbor with supremely fresh seafood and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our recommendation is their world-class crab cakes!
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.- Forrest Gump would be flattered to know you were visiting his restaurant! All jokes aside, this is a lively place with, as you might have guessed, a large variety of shrimp dishes.
- Rusty Scupper- If an unfettered view of the waterfront is what you crave, the Rusty Scupper is an excellent choice. They have, not surprisingly, phenomenal seafood as well as mouthwatering steaks.
- Roy’s Restaurant- Well known around Baltimore for its Asian and Hawaiian flavor fusion, this is one of the more innovative restaurants in the Inner Harbor.
- Joe Benny’s- This Italian restaurant is a local favorite. It’s cozy, laid-back, and serves authentic Italian cuisine at a fair price.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse- An elegant steakhouse with top-quality steaks and a classic experience? Yes, please!
- Fogo de Chão- Known for its extensive salad bar and carving your desired meats tableside, this Brazilian steakhouse is superb (but expensive).
- Mama’s On the Half Shell- If a casual dining experience is what you’re looking for, the fantastic raw bar here should suffice. Their crab cakes, oysters, and other seafood specialties are outstanding!
One of the best ways to enjoy part of your day in Baltimore is to cruise along the Patapsco River! There’s so much to see that we recommend taking a narrated historical tour. However, a romantic sunset cruise might be a better choice if you’re in Baltimore with your significant other. There are, to be sure, cruises to suit everyone’s fancy. Along the way, you’ll be able to visit the iconic Fort McHenry, see the infamous Domino Sugars sign, and get a glimpse of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor from a completely different perspective! You’ll find some cruises even more interesting, including a moonlight jazz cruise and a pirate-themed cruise.
The Baltimore Aquarium
If you adore aquariums, you will want to attend the National Aquarium in Baltimore, one of the best in the United States. A place for discovery and conservation, Baltimore’s Aquarium offers immersive exhibits that will transport you deep into the sea along coral reefs, the Amazon rainforest, and several other fascinating locales. You’ll also be glad to know that the aquarium has dedicated itself to safeguarding the world’s aquatic ecosystems and their amazing inhabitants. If you’re traveling to Baltimore with your children, it’s a fantastic place to spend a few hours with them and get a much deeper understanding of the vast underwater realm here on planet Earth.
The Baltimore Ravens of the NFL
If you are a big NFL football fan, you’ll undoubtedly want to catch a Baltimore Ravens game during your 24-hour stay in the city. The Ravens have won the Super Bowl twice, including Super Bowl XXXV and Super Bowl XLVII. They’ve also won 2 AFC championship games and 6 AFC North division titles! In short, the Baltimore Ravens are one of the NFL’s winningest football teams of the last two decades!
MLB’s Baltimore Orioles
There are a few major league baseball franchises as storied as the Baltimore Orioles and a few stadiums as sacred as Camden Yards. With a unique combination of modern comfort and historic charm, Camden Yards is an architectural gem with an infectious atmosphere. Although it’s been quite a few years since they’ve been to the Fall Classic, the Baltimore Orioles have won the World Series 3 times, including 1966, 1970, and 1983.
Store Your Things Safely in Baltimore with Moove In Storage
Decided to unpack your bags and stay a while in Baltimore? If yes, and you need to find storage units in Baltimore, Moove In Self Storage is a brilliant choice! Moove In makes your store experience one of the best, with the top features in the storage industry. That includes temperature-controlled storage units, month-to-month rentals, and first-class security and safety measures.
Moove In also offers a wide range of packing and moving supplies for your move to Baltimore easier and less stressful. If you need help determining what size storage unit you need, check out our storage unit size guide.
When you’re ready, you can quickly reserve a Baltimore storage unit online with no deposit and no credit card needed. Until then, we hope the information we’ve provided today will help you enjoy your 24-hour stay in Baltimore to the fullest!