At Moove In Self Storage, we want to make sure you live a clean, happy and healthy lifestyle. Now that a new year is upon us, we have some great tips from House Beautiful. These cleaning tips will make your home not only shine, but sparkle.
• Sparkling Steel- If your kitchen is not looking up to its stainless steel standards, use a light spray of wax-based aerosol spray once a week.
• Clean closet: Clean clothes- Get rid of the unused clothes and accessories and donate them! Organize the rest of your closet based on how you get dressed and the colors.
• Yucky stains and odors- Blot up as much of the mess as you can, and use portable spot cleaner. If there’s still a smell, use a half-vinegar and water solution and rinse. Then put a few fragrant flowers around to pretty up the place.
• Different mood, different season- Change up your blankets and pillows to match the season to make each room look fresh and bright.
• Clean carpet- Take off your shoes, but leave socks on when walking across a carpet. Your feet will leave dirt and natural oils that stain up the carpet. Try to vacuum every day, and use a carpet solution for any rough stains.
• Care for your tiles as if they were your own- Use baking soda and water on any stained or greasy tiles and wipe away with a stringy mop to get in between the cracks.
• Say no to dust bunnies- For a cleaner bookshelf, wipe down the dust every week with a wet towel, then clean up with a dry one. But make sure you remove all books from the shelf, or else dust bunnies will be the least of your worries.
• Polish your grandma’s silver- Is your silver getting stained? No problem, just use a toothbrush and Hagerty Silver Foam to get rid of any spots. For the big tarnishes, Simichrome Polish is the way to go.
If you’re tired of living in mess and stains, these simple tips will get you on the road to success and cleanliness within a week! Have a good holiday and a clean start to your new year. Good luck!
Source: House Beautiful