If you are one of the lucky enough to own a boat or RV, you may find yourself with one tiny problem. Nowhere to park it! Or maybe you have an enclosed trailer for your business that you’d rather keep away from home. Not to mention, homeowner’s associations and apartment complexes are pretty strict about these things. Even some neighborhoods and townships have rules about if, where and how you can park one of these even though it is on your property. In any case, we can help! Renting a parking space is a simple process. You can start by reserving one online from the comfort of home, at your convenience.
To reserve a parking space online, visit our website at www.moovein.com, and click on “Rent a Unit” at the top right. You can then type in your zip code where you live or need to store and select the location closed to you. (Please note that not all Moove In Self Storage location offer parking spaces to rent.) Scroll down and find the parking space you want, then click on the “Reserve Now” box and follow the instructions to complete your reservation. If there is no option to reserve a parking space, our phone number is listed for you to call. This could mean we have only a few spaces available at the time. You cannot rent a parking space online due to the fact that they are storing titled property.
And if you don’t want to go through our website, you can call or visit the rental office during regular business hours and our property manager will happily make a reservation for you.
If you have reserved a parking space, be sure to visit the rental office during regular business hours on or before your move in date to complete the necessary paperwork for your rental.
If you need the parking space to start using immediately, you will need to come into the rental office during regular business hours and fill out the necessary paperwork, because parking spaces cannot be rented online.
There are a few things to note when renting a parking space:
- Current registration and insurance are required to store any titled property such as a vehicle, motor home, trailer, boat, etc. on our property.
- The name listed as the owner on the registration and insurance must match the tenant’s name on the rental agreement. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- Motor vehicles must be in good working and running order.
- Maintenance and repairs on our property are not permitted at any time.
- Only the titled property listed on the rental agreement is permitted to be stored in the parking space.
- Insurance on titled property is required and is the tenant’s responsibility to keep up to date, and to provide the property manager with a copy when it changes due to renewal.
Reserving or renting a parking space is a simple process. However, compared to renting a storage unit, it does have some additional requirements because it involves titled property. If you have any questions about reserving or renting a parking space, please contact us or reach out to any of our knowledgeable property managers. And, if you are ready to start using a parking space, you can reserve one online 24/7.